|We have always maintained the highest standards of confidentiality in dealing with client information. While this statement is a product of Federal regulations, your information will always be secure with Robert McEachern, B. Ed, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C. and LifePath Transition Strategies™.|
- Protection Accountability – I am responsible for the private personal information I receive from my clients and I abide by the principles of the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) in safeguarding that information in hard copy and computer documents. My employees also understand and abide by these rules.
- Collection Purposes – Any and all personal, corporate, financial and related information is collected and kept solely for the purpose of providing the best possible advice we can and to ensure that any products or services you wish to purchase require that we confidentially convey your information to supplier companies through their wholesale organizations. We only collect and keep information that helps us formulate the best advice we can. This information may not be limited to financial information because there are many factors in our recommendations. With your consent, we may share this information with our associates to get you help in areas outside of our expertise. We advise all our clients of this policy in our “Disclosure-Discovery Agreement”.
- Prior Consent – The nature of our work means we must receive and retain a lot of personal information about our clients. We use this information to make judgments about your situation and the best possible solutions to any problems you might have. If we don’t, we simply cannot make good recommendations. By being a client, you agree to give us this information and allow us to retain it in our paper and electronic files for as long as you wish us to be your advisors. You may withdraw your consent at any time in written form and that will end our business relationship.
- Information Accuracy – Up to date information means we can develop more accurate recommendations. You are welcome to check on that information anytime you wish. We will also update the information regularly to ensure we’re making decisions and recommendations about your situation based on the right information.
- Safeguards – All the written information we receive from you is either in secure filing cabinets or in password protected computer files. Any computer files stored off site are encrypted or locked. Old files that are discarded are shredded or otherwise completely destroyed. Our staff understands the sensitivity of this information and the importance to protect it.
- Questions or Concerns – You may contact me at anytime by telephone, e-mail or letter about your files with us and make whatever changes you desire. You may review the actual PIPEDA on the internet at www.privcom.gc.ca. If you have any complaints about our procedures we will investigate and provide you with a response as soon as possible.